home | contact us

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thanks Mark!

In my post yesterday I made a comment about not being able to discern the differences in customer service anymore. I've had an experience the past couple of days that shines a light on what an exceptional customer experience is. I was in Charleston, South Carolina this week on business. Thursday morning I received a call from my tenant that the smoke alarms were going off. The decision was made to call the fire department as there was no way for Amanda or I to get home quickly enough (obviously for me) to check it out. The fire department arrived to our house and were greeted by smoke pouring out of the windows. Fortunately, they were able to get in and contain the fire before serious damage was done.

Once I got word of what happened, I called our insurance agent, Mark Osgood from Label Lavigne Insurance in Chicopee, Massachusetts. I told Mark what had happened and within twenty minutes he was at the house to meet with Amanda and to handle all the details for getting our lives back in place. A restoration company arrived to secure the house and an adjuster arrived to survey the damage and provide us with directions on what we would need to do next. A cleaning crew is now in to clean the house from top to bottom (a lot of smoke damage) and a dry cleaning service was in to take virtually every piece of clothing and fabric cleaned. All these services are being billed directly to the insurance company so we don't have to haggle.

Life won't be back to normal for a little while, but thanks to Mark this near tragedy has been a lot easier to deal with. Thanks Mark!

No comments: